Monday, June 15, 2009

Ethics and Values in Contemporary Psychiatry

This one passed me by, but I just stumbled on it.

Ethics and Values in Contemporary Psychiatry
Harvard Review of Psychiatry, Volume 16 Issue 6 2008
http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~db=all~content=g906687978

Interesting ToC: in particular, I noted:
The Use of Palliative Sedation for Existential Distress: A Psychiatric Perspective Zev Schuman-Olivier; David H. Brendel; Marshall Forstein; Bruce H. Price Pages 339 – 351
Character Virtues in Psychiatric Practice Jennifer Radden; John Z. Sadler Pages 373 – 380
Off the Radar: Truth Telling in Psychiatry Nancy Nyquist Potter Pages 381 – 387

I look forward to reading the papers: unfortunately my college library only gets access to them when they are a year old, so I'll have to wait.

No comments: